Yale SOM’s Vahideh Manshadi and Scott Rodilitz worked with Food Rescue US to hone their strategy for connecting volunteers with food donations. Their findings can help other nonprofits harness the power of crowds for social good.
- The age of the video call has arrived, just as science fiction predicted. Scott Wharton ’95, who leads video collaboration at Logitech, talks about the potential of videoconferencing and the steps needed to make it ubiquitous.
- Nonprofits compete too. Could technology offer a means to improve performance, innovate, and deliver on mission?
- A change to European privacy rules has unleashed a flood of emails about updated privacy policies to customers all over the world. We asked Yale SOM’s David Bach why.
- A statistical tool that predicts when patients with advanced cancer are likely to die could help promote patient welfare by transferring more people from aggressive interventions to hospice care.
- What does the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica scandal say about the risks of trusting Facebook and other tech companies with our data? We talked with Yale Law School's Jack Balkin.
- The CEO of Facebook is apologizing to Congress for the company’s misuse of user data. But real contrition, Yale SOM’s Jeffrey Sonnenfeld writes, means explaining what you did wrong and making sure it doesn’t happen again.
Women inventors are less likely to have their patent applications approved than men. But that disparity dips if an examiner can’t guess an inventor’s gender from her name.
- With legislators demanding answers from Facebook and users deleting the company's app, its top leaders have been silent. We asked Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld how they should be responding to the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
- We asked faculty and experts across the Global Network for Advanced Management about the potential benefits and risks of Bitcoin and blockchain.
- Cybersecurity entrepreneur Sunil Madhu says that using credit history to identify individuals is outmoded and new tools are needed to conduct commerce securely.