The mass social distancing strategy being used to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the United States and Europe doesn’t easily translate to a developing country like Bangladesh, which lacks the capacity to impose restrictions or provide a social safety net for the unemployed.
The success of India’s Aadhaar, a biometrically secured national identification system, has ignited a debate over whether any entity, public or private, should have the ability to pool our full digital profiles.
- Yale SOM’s Michael Kraus and Eunice Eun argue that anti-Asian bias provoked by COVID-19 reveals the ongoing influence of racism in the country.
- On March 24, experts in finance, economics, and health from Global Network schools in seven countries gathered for an online conversation about the state of the COVID-19 pandemic, the economic fallout, and the path to recovery.
- In a Fortune commentary, Dr. Michael Apkon ’02, president and CEO of Tufts Medical Center, and Yale SOM’s Dr. Howard Forman and Jeffrey Sonnenfeld write that such an approach would be dangerous and ineffective.
On March 12, a group of public health experts assembled by Yale SOM’s Dr. Howard Forman released a proposal for a set of emergency public health, healthcare, and emergency support measures to respond to the growing COVID-19 outbreak.
- Increased testing capacity is key to unlocking greater understanding of COVID-19 and learning how to slow its spread, according to Professor Howard Forman.
According to a study co-authored by Yale SOM’s Olav Sorenson, male scientists are more likely than their women colleagues to use words like “novel,” “excellent,” and “unique” to describe their own work in the titles and abstracts of research articles.
- Jack Welch, the legendary CEO of GE, died on March 1. Yale SOM leadership expert Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, who knew him for decades, writes that Welch was flawed but brilliant, an innovator and icon of industrial imagination.
- Yale SOM’s Jeffrey Sonnenfeld writes that the company made the right move by turning to a knowledgeable insider instead of making a clean sweep.